|Project Finance Officer (PFO)
The Project Finance Officer is responsible for providing support to (i) project management, which will be focused on the financial and administrative aspects of the implementation of ongoing grant agreements, and as well (ii) will render support on financial and budgeting issues to program managers and project managers during the development stage of project proposals.
• PFO tracks the financial progress of all projects of the organization and its affiliated entity, further he/she analyzes project expenses as required by the funding authority/donating organization, underlines budget deviations and provides managers with analysis;
• PFO prepares internal (to senior management and program) and external reports (official reports according to the provisions in the projects’ grant agreements), provides overview on the status of project budgets’ implementation and forecasts on projects’ expenses on a quarterly basis. PFO further maintains the time-recording (time-sheets) of the work accomplished by staff members working on projects;
• PFO checks invoices and expense claims received in order to ensure these are in line with the financial rules of the corresponding funding authority/donating organization as well as with the financial provisions in the projects’ grant agreements;
• PFO prepares the complete documentation for audits on projects and actively participates in audits and expenditure verification of projects;
• PFO monitors all payments on projects coming from the funding authorities on all projects;
• PFO corresponds on a regular basis with the financial managers of the projects’ coordinating organizations;
• PFO develops project budgets in line with the rules of the funding authorities of the different EU-supported programs and the financial provisions of the EU programs, as well as of other funding authorities/donating organizations.
Your Profile: Qualifications and Required Skills
Education: University degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance Management or equivalent.
Minimum three (3) years of experience on a similar position in managing project-based contracts and budgets. Exposure to different donor practices is highly desirable. Good knowledge of grant administration and management, including budgeting of project proposals and cost reporting of projects.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office package and Internet.
• Language Skills: English - excellent written and conversational skills.
• Understanding of the non-profit sector is an advantage.
• Our finance team needs you to be a team player who can work independently.
We offer a very good opportunity for professional development.
Dear candidates, if you are interested in the position, please send us a current CV. Confidentiality is guaranteed. Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 16 January 2022
Starting date: as soon as possible, not later than 1 March 2022
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Terms: Full-time position.
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Supporting documents such as diplomas, certificates or contact information of referees might be requested on demand.