|Leveraging Leadership for Responsible Research and Innovation in Territories (RRI-LEADERS) will explore the relevance of RRI to territorial governance in four distinct European territories, representing different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds, different scope of territorial oversight, different institutional and decision-making infrastructures, different R&I landscapes and different dynamics among territorial actors.
The ambition of RRI-LEADERS is represented by the following objectives:
- to facilitate the adoption of RRI principles within territorial governance objectives through innovative, inclusive and responsive multi-actor approach to the development of policies on issues related to science and innovation; and
- to provide an evolutionary perspective on the future of RRI in territorial policy and governance.
In pursuit of these objectives, RRI-LEADERS will engage in a multi-stage co-creation process, which will mobilize territorial quadruple helix stakeholders in the elaboration of future-oriented strategy and action plans – territorial outlooks - for each of the participating territories. During the last project stage, the knowledge, accumulated during RRI-LEADERS implementation, will be used to develop a detailed outlook for the future potential of RRI as a guiding framework in territorial R&I governance.
RRI-LEADERS started in January 2021 and will run until December 2023. It involves the following 9 organisations from 5 European countries:
- Applied Research and Communications Fund (ARC Fund), Bulgaria, Project coordinator
- University of Western Macedonia (UoWM), Greece
- The Danish Board of Technology Foundation (DBT), Denmark
- Catalan Foundation for Research and Innovation (FCRi), Spain
- Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW), Switzerland
- Regional Association of Local Government of Western Macedonia (LGA-WM), Greece
- Sofia Development Association (SDA), Bulgaria
- Municipality of Thalwil (THA), Switzerland
- Economic Development Agency of Sabadell City Council (PES SL), Spain
For more information please visit www.rri-leaders.eu.