Prof. Teodora Georgieva, Ph.D.
Program Director, Innovation and Business Support Program
PhD (Planning of Innovations),
Tsenov Economic Academy; Svishtov, Bulgaria
Prof. Georgieva is the Program Director of the Innovation and Business Support Program of ARC Fund since January 2023. Since 2008 and until December 2022 she has been working as a senior fellow at the Applied Research and Communications Fund. As part of the ARC Fund’s team, Teodora Georgieva advises on the development and implementation of strategic and program documents at the national, regional and business levels in the field of innovation and technology transfer. Teodora Georgieva participates in the implementation of projects funded by the EC Framework Programs for Research (Horizon Europe, H2020, COSME, CIP, FP 7, 6, 5), regional cooperation programs (Interreg IVC, South-East Europe, Interreg Europe), the World Bank, etc. Teodora Georgieva participates in the work of the Expert Council on Innovation and the National Innovation Award Jury at ARC Fund. She is the editor and coordinator of the annual report Innovation.bg.
Consultant for the development and implementation of public policies:
- Ministry of Innovation and Growth, on the development of the Law on the Promotion of Research and Innovation, 2022.
- Ministry of Education and Science, Science Directorate, on analysis of the implementation of the Operational Plan for the first stage 2018-2022 of the National Strategy for Research Development in the Republic of Bulgaria 2017-2030 and a proposal for its update in view of the new European policies and the impact achieved in addressing societal challenges, 2022.
- Ministry of Innovation and Growth, on the development of Innovation Strategy for Smart Specialization 2021-2027, 2022.
- Ukraine, Khmelnytsky region, on the development of a Regional Strategy for Smart Specialization, 2020, 2021.
- State Agency for Research and Innovation, for the development of the Research, Innovation and Digitalization Program for Intelligent Transformation, 2020.
- America for Bulgaria, on the development of the Science with the Future program for financing innovative projects, 2021.
- Ministry of Education and Science, Assessing Public Expenditure on Science, Technology and Innovation, part of the World Bank team, 2019-2021.
- State Agency for Research and Innovation, on the development of a procedure for financing the establishment of Regional Innovation Centers, 2019.
- Ministry of Economy, on the development of Innovation Strategy for Smart Specialization 2021-2027, 2019-2021.
- Northern Macedonia, YES Foundation, on the organization of the competition “Innovative Enterprise of the Year”, 2018-2019.
- Ministry of Economy, on the development of the Innovation Strategy for Smart Specialization 2014-2020, part of the World Bank team, 2013
- JASPERS Lot 5 – Knowledge Economy-R & D / Innovation, Review of the primary documentation for the construction of Sofia Tech Park, 2011-2012.
- Ministry of Economy, Energy and Tourism, on the preparation of a draft Law on Innovation and preparation of a review of practices for regulating financial incentives for innovation activities in other countries, mechanisms for forming and implementing innovation policy, analysis of the needs of Bulgarian enterprises and analysis and financial justification for the impact of the proposed legislation on other laws and the budget, 2011.
- Ministry of Economy and Energy, on the development of the Annual Report on the Status and Development of the National Innovation Policy in Implementation of the Innovation Strategy of Bulgaria, 2006 and 2007.
Participation in forums and conferences:
- Researchers ’Excellence Network (RENET), Virtual lecture-discussion, How innovations are essential for regional development?, Šiauliai Academy of Vilnius University, 13 April, 2021.
- Chapter 20: principles, instruments and sector policies, 18-19 April, Skopje, North Macedonia 2019.
- 2018 SME Assembly in Austria, Graz, 18 – 20 November 2018, based on personal invitation.
- Academy of Innovation: Ideas 2018, Mentor.
- 2017 SME Assembly in Estonia, Tallinn, 22 – 24 November 2017, based on personal invitation.
- International IMP³rove Roundtable 2015 on “Fostering Cohesion with Innovation”, Dusseldorf Germany, November 25, 2015.
- Interviews in Bloomberg TV Bulgaria, TV + THE DAY with Veselin Dremdzhiev, BNR Radio Sofia, Capital newspaper, Economy magazine.
Prof. Teodora Georgieva has over 25 years of teaching and research experience in the higher education system. She is a professor in the field of strategic management of science, technology and innovation at the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration at Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”. She is the Director of the Master’s program “Innovation and Digital Transformation of Agribusiness”.
Evaluation of public policies; National, regional and sectoral innovation systems; Assessment of innovation potential at the company level and at the innovation systems level; Value-Added Chains; Technology transfer; Research and innovation infrastructure
Listed Key Account Manager for the Horizon 2020 SME Instrument, EU Commission (EASME)
Licensed IMP³rove Guide-Innovation Management Consultant, IMP³rove European Platform
ISO Auditor, Moody International
Topics of Interest
- Innovation policy
- Innovation systems
- Technology transfer
- Intellectual property
- Evaluation of innovation management
- Strategic management