The Innovation.bg report provides an annual assessment of the innovation potential of the Bulgarian economy and the state and development opportunities of the Bulgarian innovation system. It contains recommendations for improving public policy on innovation in Bulgaria and in the EU, drawing on the latest theoretical and empirical research and taking into account the specific economic, political, cultural and institutional framework in which the country’s innovation system develops.
As in its previous editions, Innovation.bg 2021 analyses the state and opportunities for development of the national innovation system on the basis of five groups of indicators:
• gross innovation product;
• entrepreneurship and innovation networks;
• investment and financing of innovation;
• human capital for innovation;
• information and communication technologies.